Exploring, sharing and expanding my creative practice: I will spend one week of every month travelling in my camper can to a different part of the British Isles painting land/seascapes, people and whatever else I feel inspired by. I plan to hear other’s stories, share ideas, and create artwork to record these experiences.
Outcomes from this year will be a body of new work that records what acceptance, adaptation and ambition means to me and those that I meet, and the development of an online visual diary / forum.
2022/23 Art Road Trip Schedule
- April – Potteries, Staffordshire
- May – Eden Project and Cornwall
- June – Rye / Hastings / E Sussex. Vineyards and Fishing
- July – Coventry and surrounding area
- August – Liverpool and NW
- September – Edinburgh
- October – Wales, The Gower November – Belfast
- December – Plymouth, Devon
- January – Caenarfon, Wales
- February – Sheffield, SY
- Month 2. Devon and Cornwall. April 27th – May 3rd 2022Empowerment, Facing Ghosts and Fears Welcome to my blog recording my second trip away as part of my one year project of twelve art road trips.This trip took me to Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. I stopped over to break the journey up in a nice campsite near Taunton, then the […]
- Month 1. The Potteries. April 1st – 6th 2022This is a blog recording my first trip away as part of my one year project of twelve art road trips. I will try to make it an honest account of my experience both as an artist, and someone living with Parkinson’s. I’ll be exploring my own creativity, and parts of the British Isles that somehow represent the three things that I believe can help us all through life: Acceptance, Adaptation and Ambition.
- Prep for the PotteriesToday I pack my bags and art materials into ‘Foxy” the van and get prepared for my first trip. The next few days will be focussing on the acceptance, adaptation, and ambition on display in the Potteries and surrounding areas.
- Planning for the Next 12 MonthsResting, reflecting and recovering from a weird six months of adapting to my new life as a 50 year old single women. Feeling proud that I have the drive and ambition to create new projects and opportunities. Not dwelling and wasting energy on what is gone, but getting excited about […]